crown of thorns (flowers)
I was inspired by this list to finally sit down and figure out my own list*. Mine is a life list though, not a year list. I'm sure there are lots of other things I would love to do, I just don't know about them yet.
*The list is subject to change or additions at any time.
- Learn to speak Spanish (Mexican) fluently
- Get driver's license
- Learn to make a steel drum
- Use that bag of scary doll parts
- Visit Dominica. See where my grandmother is from.
- Learn mycology (knowledgeable enough to pick my own wild mushrooms and eat them)
- Visit a cacao farm. Eat fresh from the pod.
- Find half sibling(s)
- Buy a house with a yard and at least one tree
- Raise chickens
Write and have published a full-colour, pretty pictures gardening book. Preferably by Chronicle Books or some such publisher that places value on the design and presentation of their books.
- Collect sap for maple syrup
- Pay off my insanely high student loan debt
- Live on or near the ocean -- just about any ocean
- Move to a warmer climate where I can grow either desert plants or epiphytic plants (tillandsia, orchids, staghorn ferns) outside... year round. I'll take dry or humid, just as long as it's warm without a snowy winter or temperatures dropping below freezing.
- Heal my body (ongoing)
- Get my Nepenthes to pitcher
- Grow a cactus pear and then eat it
Participate in a community garden project
- Make a film (even a short one)
- Go on a botanical tour somewhere (probably Oaxaca, Mexico) with a bunch of plant people I can geek out with. Take pictures.
- Visit a palenque (didn't do that on our last trip to Oaxaca) See mezcal being made.
- Learn to scuba dive
- Design a line of textiles
See carnivorous plants growing in the wild
What you see and read here.